3M Clear Matte Edge Sealer Tape 8520
Edge Sealer Tape 8520
1 Mil Cast Scotchcal Optically Clear Edge
Provides water and contaminant-tight seal between a graphic film and substrate to minimize the adverse effects of rigorous use or prolonged or severe exposure conditions.
- required for some 3M warranted graphics (refer to the base film's Product Bulletin for details).
- pressure sensitive
- optically clear with a clear polyester liner
- used to seal vehicle perforated window graphics and cut edges and seams on watercraft graphics, car, and truck wraps.
Prepare the Graphic for Edge Sealing
1. Do not apply edge sealer unless the temperature is above the minimum recommended temperature.
2. Remove any application tape and re-squeegee the edges before applying the edge sealer.
3. Make sure all edges to be sealed are clean, dry and free of contaminants.
Applying Edge Sealing Tape 8520
Apply a 1/2 inch (13 mm) strip of overlaminate 8520 so each strip evenly straddles the perforated film and substrate.
Important Note! Never allow film or overlaminate to touch the rubber window molding.
Note: Carefully read and follow manufacturer’s precautions and directions for use when handling solvents.