Edge Sealer 3950
Provides water and contaminant-tight seal between a graphic film and substrate to minimize the adverse effects of rigorous use or prolonged or severe exposure conditions.
- required for some 3M warranted graphics (refer to the base film's Product Bulletin for details).
- may be applied even after the applied film shows signs of wear, such as edge lifting, to significantly reduce further wear; however, such application does not meet the requirements for warranted graphics
Prepare the Graphic for Edge Sealing
1. Do not apply edge sealer unless the temperature is above the minimum recommended temperature.
2. Remove any application tape and re-squeegee the edges before applying the edge sealer.
3. Make sure all edges to be sealed are clean, dry and free of contaminants.
Prepare Edge Sealer 3950 for Use
To preserve the unused portion of the edge sealer, transfer the desired amount into a separate disposable container and tightly recap the original container immediately. Leaving the original container open allows air to contaminate, reducing future shelf life.
Applying a Liquid Edge Sealer
1. Do not thin the sealer.
2. Use the dauber supplied with edge sealer or a 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) brush.
3. Wipe any excess edge sealer off the dauber or brush.
4. Hold the brush or the flat edge of the dauber so that it straddles the film and substrate
5. Pull the dauber or brush along the edge in a smooth, continuous motion. Make sure the entire edge is covered with no gaps.
6. Use opened and/or mixed sealer within two hours and discard any used sealer.
7. Air dry for 24 hours before putting the graphic into service.
Note: Carefully read and follow manufacturer’s precautions and directions for use when handling solvents.
Product & Instruction Bulletin Edge Sealers
Ships ground service only. Hazardous, we will not ship by air freight. Can't be shipped outside of the Continental US, Po Box or APO/AFO